Friday, August 23, 2013

Day in the Life of a Writer: As Told By Cats

Most of my days lately have been dedicated to getting this dang thesis FINISHED. 

I roll out of bed early in the morning (lol.. okay, maybe like 10 or 11am, but Stateside that is like 5am!)


Drag myself down the stairs...



Get some breakfast



...and start reading or writing on my dissertation.




Writers block IS a real thing, and I have gotten in a few tight spots.
Okay. A LOT of tight spots.




I've found that with writing, it's all about thinking outside the box.



But it doesn't take much to distract me, as many of you know from my consistent Facebook posts.



Most of the time during my dissertation research I felt pretty lost.


But somehow I've finally completed 60 pages- now for the edits!

Progress is progress, y'all- pound it!



The ladies of 170 do more than just write. We have a lovely park right around the corner, Clapham Common. On sunny days we go and sit on the lawn with some wine and cheese and try to look as posh as possible. 



Sometimes at the end of the day I bathe...


..buutt some days I'm like.. meh, maybe not.



Cleaning is usually a pretty good distraction from writing..



So is eating :)



Kate and Lisa try to get me to go on long leisurely walks, but I'm usually a "view from the backporch" kinda gal.



We end our days with a glass of wine or two, but usually fall asleep in between. PARTY ANIMALS!



At the end of the day, whether we were productive or not, we're still bad A cats.




Cheers, y'all!

Carly



No comments:

Post a Comment