Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Action Duchenne Race- Finsbury Park, London with Wawa

Lisa and I ran a race with Action Duchenne for muscular dystrophy in children this weekend at Finsbury Park in North London. On the forty minute tube ride we got some odd looks thrown our way at our american flag doo-rags and bright blue and pink race get ups (and probably because of the fact that I had nike shorts on in 35 degree weather). 
We were really good about running in the mornings before class last semester, but we have been a tiny bit lazy this semester (mainly me, not Lisa). So the last mile was a strugfest! I don't want to make excuses, but most of the race was UPHILL.. 

okay its an excuse, but a good one.


Luckily we had some good friends leave with us at the crack of dawn (on a Saturday morning no less). The signs Kate made for us said, "Run, Wawaa, Run!" and "Durn, Carly! You iz fast!" respectively. Kate and Aleks held up the signs as we passed them each lap (see pics below)


After a that last mile of Lisa dragging my butt through the park we finally made it to the home stretch... where I started puking twenty feet before the finish line. I'm sure this does not surprise my running pal from Arkansas, Katie Surly. Never fear- I finished the race without stopping (glad you have that visual.. huh?) We finished in under our goal time, so that is all that matters. 
We were happy gulls that we FINISHED THE RACE AND COMPLETED THE TASK! Thank you, Lord Jesus! -Acts 20:24



No comments:

Post a Comment