Saturday, November 24, 2012

All the Places Inbetween

So, my friend Lisa and I were talking today. It is hard to think that after four short months I can call London home. Of course, Bentonville will always be home, as Fayetteville will also always be home. So as you can imagine, all these homes get a bit confusing. I read a blog this week talking about all the different homes- 
(read here if you're interested, although I think this blog will say it all.. <http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/how-do-we-decide-where-home-is/> )
There is growing up home, college home, more college home... which one is really home for me now? 
My group of friends have been talking about going home for the past few weeks now.. like maybe if we talk about it again and remind ourselves of the yearning we feel in our heart for this home that somehow it will come quicker. Truly, I think we yearn for the people more than anything. Fact. And I think when I finally am back in Bentonville I will only yearn for London. It's a scary feeling, because I start to think that I might not feel content ever again. Don't get me wrong, not complaining here.. but just something to chew on. 
I've got a pretty solid group here, if you see pictures on facebook then you know- the people that I am surrounded by here are terrific. 
We decided that in the end the important thing is to be here in the moment, not stuck somewhere in the past or future, because we might miss something in the present. I'm going to make every day I have here in London count until I leave on December 14th, because I know that there will be a day when I would give anything to live the life I'm living now again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment