Monday, November 26, 2012

Back to School

We have been adjusting to being in school again this semester. Its been a weird transition for me going from teacher back to student. Our professors have been wonderful for the most part.
One teacher in particular has been challenging. It is difficult to do well when there is no positive feedback whatsoever for any assignment you do. It is also hard when teachers give bad marks because you write something that they just don't agree on. Somehow, we have made it through all those rough Mondays, and I'm happy to say we've made it through our last one! 
Next semester we won't have this particular professor, and we won't have class on Mondays either! (WOOO HOOO!) Those days will be spent doing our own independent research for our thesis. 
We had our last class today at the National Art Library at the V&A museum on Cromwell Street. It is about 15 minutes away from the flat. The library looks ancient, so its a neat atmosphere to be in. 



We spent the class looking at book art, or artists books. They were REALLY cool. They are works of art made into books, some are mass produced and some are just one book. There were a few that we looked at that were mass produced, but most were the only book made. 
One book we looked at was made from an old pupils desk. There was writing all over in pencil, ink, and pen. Little fold out parts, scrolls, and compartments kept me engaged for a while. 








As we sat listening to our somewhat (VERY, VERY) dull professor talk for an hour about art books I looked for ways to entertain myself, and those around me. She stood directly behind me, I was facing away towards Kate. Being the very mature, professional I am I decided to make faces at what said professor was saying. Shameless, shameless faces. Kate started cracking up, and to her horror the professor called her out asking, "Kate, are you okay?"
This was obviously a chastisement considering Kate was laughing and therefore probably perfectly fine. She turned fifty shades of red and purple and nodded that she was, indeed, fine. I am forever grateful my back was to the professor or she would have seen my laughter practically bubbling from my mouth. Its a small story, but I will forever remember the day when Kate was called out by Debtastic in class.

NOWW....

I feel great having turned in this gigantic paper, and now only two left to go! We can do this, just two weeks left and then its PARTY TIME!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment