Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Small Things

Two out of three of our papers are FINISHED! Only one left to go and we have two weeks to complete it!
We have written 6,000 well researched words and read over 20 articles or books in the last two weeks. That is half of a masters thesis! We were all falling asleep today in class at the British Museum from all the late hours these last few days. I came home, napped, ate some sushi for the tenth time this week (I'm on a big sushi kick), and knocked out the last six hundred words of my socially engaged art paper. 
My friend, Kate, had a little more to go when I left the common room downstairs, so I showered and she came up to my flat. We had a mini dance party in celebration. It is one of those memories I will look back on ten or twenty years from now and remember with perfect clarity; that moment of feeling young and  free and accomplished. There were lots of fist pumps, hair throwing, haphazard body rolls, and downright giddy moves! I'm sure the people in the flat below mine enjoyed the stomping on my hardwood floors. 
Sometimes you've gotta open a window, put on some loud jams, and throw the moves down like you just won the lottery!

No comments:

Post a Comment